Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Food

Mmm...I'm in love! With food, that is. It's now been a week on the Dr. Atkin's Diet and it's been heavenly. I'm never hungry, no carbohydrate crashes and mood swings, deep sleeping and a high fat delicious grin on my face all day long. No cravings for carbs of any kind, and only a momentary craving for sugar. My ketone's are high, indicating I'm burning off my body fat. I'm in the induction phase.

Yesterday I tried a couple recipes from their website, and wow, are they delicious. First, the Caesar Salad. Romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup of real mayonnaise, two cloves of garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, a touch of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. I skipped some of the ingredients and added others, such as dried mustard. I had a plaste of the Caesar salad, and chopped a hard boiled egg on top, and mmmm.

This morning I made the Egg Salad and had it for breakfast. Boiled eggs, chopped, dried mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, a touch of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and fresh dill. I also added tiny chunks of marbled cheese and celery. I took a cup of Romaine lettuce, dumped a heap of egg salad on top and ate this creamy delicious concoction.

The diet is so satisfying, that one day all I had was an egg, ham and cheese omlette with four sausages. Yesterday all I ate with a few slivers of chicken, and a Caesar salad. But then I went on a date last night, saw X-Men2, then we went for a late night dinner at a Greek restaurant, and I had a skewer of lamb and another Caesar salad (no croutons or garlic bread or potatoes or rice). I didn't need to eat, but my date was hungry so I joined him, since I can.

For lunch, I'll have a cup of steamed broccoli, and dip each bite in melted lemon butter. I can't wait to try the high fat chocolate cheese cake, without the nuts. I'm so in love with food, that I don't even feel like talking about my date last night - but I had a great time. It was really fun, and he's so cute.

The only problem - my bowel movements have been nearly non-existent. Yesterday I started taking fiber - Psyllium, and even tried a dieuretic. Nothing yet. I'm sure once I "go" I'll be five pounds lighter.

Now I must be off to figure out how to make Salad Nicoise.

No comments: