Friday, January 09, 2004

I don't know. Maybe it's just self-pity.
On my birthday, today, I've only received one acknowledgement - a phone call from my oldest sister. I also have two parents and two other sisters. Plus a 'wife' and supposedly other close friends. But no one has called me, emailed me, mailed me, to acknowledge this. Is this part of growing older, or just the fact that no one cares about me?

Oops, the phone is ringing, hold on...

What I'm thinking of, at the moment, are the times that were significant and important to me in my life, with past ex-lovers. They have depth and meaning. But I guess they don't with them/him.

It was my oldest sister calling me again. She seems to remember.

I have so many wonderful, important memories with ex-lovers. But none of them seem to share these memories. Why are they so important to me, and not to them? That's a question I can't answer. Unless my ex-lovers were so far more important to me, than me to them. There's so many to mention. That means I'm such an ultimate loser.

Actually, that's the conclusion I'm coming to. I must be such a big loser. Because none of my ex-lovers has ever contacted me to say I was so important to them. While they were very important to me, and I hang onto our memories, none of my ex-lovers has ever contacted me to say how important I was to them.

That's the brutal truth.

Bye. Happy birthday to me.

No comments: