Monday, January 12, 2004

Chemistry between two guys just happens. There's no scientific reason for it. It just is. I felt chemistry with this guy, the first time I saw him, about one year ago.

Yesterday I went to my favourite deli, just across the streeet, to get some grub. I bought Vegetarian Lasagna, and Shepherd's Pie. When I got home, I ate the Lasagna, but I tried a bite of the Shepherd's Pie and it was way too salty. I like salty things (he-he) but this way over the top salty, and couldn't eat it. I saved it, and decided to bring it back the next day, to trade it for something else.

So today I went to my bistro, to return the overly-salty Shepherd's Pie, and the guy was there. The guy I'd seen about a year ago. He's very cute, very young...he reminds me entirely of Tobey McGuire. Now, normally I wouldn't be attracted to a guy of this type, but there's always been "energy" between us, whenever we've spoken. I said hello to him, and told him of my complaint. So he offered me some other deli food. I said, "I haven't seen you in a while." Tobey said, "I was away for six months while going to school, and just came back to work." I said, "Oh, where are you going to school, UBC?" Tobey said, "No, I'm going to ______."

"No way, I teach at _______. What are you studying?" I asked.

"I'm taking computer science."

Anyway, there was a lot of sexual tension during this interchange. I've never had a boyfriend younger than me, but maybe it's time... especially since I've turned 39. I'm not even sure why I'm attracted to him. He's not muscular, not a gym bod. But he's got the sweetest, most innocent, natural and open face/body that I've seen in a long time. He must be 21. I surmise this because only at his age can you look that sweet, open and innocent. There's also something deep about him. He's has depth in his emotions. The combination is what attracts me to him. Anyway, that's what happened tonight. I'm not sure what I'll do.

Am I old enough to play daddy or something? Is that's what happening?

Maybe.

No comments: