Friday, September 29, 2006

I finally did it. I got a tattoo.

After years of studying them, I am no longer the Un-Tattooed Other. It felt exactly as I had read. It wasn't painful - it was irritating - it felt nice. Actually, getting fucked up the ass is more painful. But what the two experiences share, is unforgetability.

I thought long and hard about what tattoo to get. The young guy who gave it to me did a decent job. It's not art, but technically it's brilliant. But all who get tattoos feel that way - we justify the permanence.

This means, of course, that I'll have to be cremated. The thought of my tattoo decrepitating along with my body is just not a pretty concept. For now, having a pretty interesting tattoo during my waking life is kind of cool.

Can anyone guess what my tattoo is of?

No comments: