Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Sergeants and other stories from rural Australia

I came across the excellent writing of Simon, a guy living in a small town Australia, who has a blog called Homefront Radio. Originally started to document his songwriting process, the blog has developed into a remarkable depot of fascinating and deeply moving short stories about his past relationships, childhood and reflections on Australian culture and society at large. There are too many stories to list that deeply affected me, but here are two with which to start:

The Sarge Series

The Sarge Opts Out (Masculinity Redefined) Part 1

The Sarge Opts Out (Masculinity Redefined) Part 2

The Sarge Opts Out (Masculinity Redefined) Part 3

The Sarge Opts Out (Masculinity Redefined) Part 4


The Other Sgt. Series


The Most Appalling Thing I’ve Ever Done (The Other Sarge) Part 1

The Most Appalling Thing I’ve Ever Done (The Other Sarge) Part 2

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Simon's writing has re-inspired me to continue writing, so I shall be posting soon.


No comments: